Whether your test was prescribed by a physician or healthcare provider, MOMS can help connect you with conveniently located medical access point locations.
Click here for instant access to lab testing sites and specialists.
Please request a SmartVascular Dx kit prior to scheduling your laboratory/phlebotomy appointment by calling SmartHealth Dx (Morning Star labs) at (866) 299-8998. Thank you.
Select Morningstar Laboratories (a SmartHealth Diagnostics Company) as Lab Client/Provider.
We believe the current standard of care fails to accurately detect vascular disease.
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US and for most people, the first sign of heart disease is a heart attack.
- 70% of heart attacks are caused by unstable cardiac lesion ruptures.
- When the lesions become inflamed, they are prone to rupture causing a blood clot which blocks blood flow to the heart resulting in a heart attack.
- 80% of premature deaths due to vascular disease are preventable with early diagnosis, management of risk factors, and lifestyle modification.
- A serum blood test we believe detects the risk of potential heart attacks and strokes of a vulnerable patient within the next 5 years.
- This diagnostic test assesses vascular health by measuring protein biomarkers that indicate inflammation in arterial lining that can lead to heart attacks and strokes.
- The test was developed through a series of longitudinal outcome-based studies with multiple institutions over a 15-year period of collaborative research representing over 40,000 patients.
- SmartVascular Dx was independently validated at the National Institute of Health (NIH) and the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) in the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA).
Cross DS, McCarty CA, Hytopoulos E, et al. (2012) Coronary risk assessment among intermediate risk patients using a clinical and biomarker based algorithm developed and validated in two population cohorts. CMRO Vol 28 – Issue 11
Younus M, Fan W, Harrington D, et al. (2019) Usefulness of a Coronary Artery Disease Predictive Algorithm to Predict Global Risk for Cardiovascular Disease and Acute Coronary Syndrome. Am J Cardiol 123(5):769-775
Hytopoulos E, Lee ML, Beggs M, et al. (2014) Cost effectiveness analysis of a next generation risk assessment score for cardiovascular disease. J Med Econ 17(2):132-41